Filed Under Late Nineteenth Century
This three-story brick commercial building is the surviving north half of a larger Italianate commercial building. By 1884, the building housed commercial establishments on the first floor with apartments on the second and third levels. Built by prominent local architect Joseph P. Prairie, this is Raleigh's only known surviving example of his work.
Date: ca. 1872