Filed Under Antebellum & Civil War
Seaboard Coast Line Railroad Building
One of the city's earliest surviving office buildings, the three-story brick Seaboard Building served as railroad offices for more than a hundred years. The building, which has a restrained Italianate design, originally stood on N. Halifax Street. The state purchased the land for the its Government Mall in 1977 and moved the building to N. Salisbury Street. State offices.
Date: ca. 1862