Mordecai House

Joel Lane built the original dwelling, a frame house in the hall and parlor plan, for his son Henry. The house is named for Moses Mordecai, who married into the Lane family and provided in his will for the 1826 Greek Revival addition, designed by William Nichols. The center of a thriving plantation, Mordecai House remained in the Lane-Mordecai family until 1967 when the city of Raleigh purchased the property to establish an historic park. The house and dependencies provide a glimpse into the life of a single family spanning five generations. Open to the public.

ca. 1785 and 1826



1 Mimosa Street