The first apartment building built west of the North Carolina State University campus, the Wilmont takes its name from the subdivision located directly to the north. Daniel Allen, a real estate entrepreneur who developed the Wilmont, Hayes-Barton, and Mordecai neighborhoods, and builder C.C. Pierce constructed the Wilmont in 1926. The four-story U-plan building features Spanish Colonial-influenced details, including a stepped parapet with a green tile ornamental roof, an arched parapet piercing the tile roof at the center of each bay, and brick arches. The central bay has a concrete panel with the word "Wilmont" carved into it. Private residences.