A smaller late-nineteenth-century dwelling became the rear wing of this commodious Queen Anne/Colonial Revival transitional house, erected around 1900 by businessman Carey J. Hunter for himself and his family. The complicated massing suggests its Queen Anne roots, as does the corner tower housing the front door, the bracketed gable roofs, and the stained glass windows. The house also displays Colonial Revival detailing at the exterior, including leaded glass windows, a Palladian window grouping, and Ionic porch columns. The Colonial Revival interior is richly detailed with features like Neoclassical mantels, Corinthian-columned room dividers, egg-and-dart and dentil moldings. Private residence.
Date: ca. 1882, ca. 1900