Built for John Haywood, state treasurer for forty years, Haywood Hall remained home to one of North Carolina's most distinguished families until 1977. The family bequeathed the late Georgian/early Federal-style house to the State Society of the Colonial Dames who maintain it and its four dependencies as a house museum. The garden has been restored by Home and Neighborhood Development Sponsors, also known as HANDS. The house and garden are available for tours and receptions.
Date: ca. 1799