Glenwood Fire Station (Engine Company Number 4)

Raleigh's municipal fire department, organized in 1912, erected this small neighborhood fire station, one of the city's first. Resembling the surrounding modest bungalows of the Glenwood neighborhood, the station features dark brick walls, a prominent porch, and a characteristic low-pitched roof. The large doors on the facade access the interior space where the fire truck was stored. The building exterior remains virtually unchanged since its construction but it is no longer used as a fire station. Private residence.

Date: 1924

Images

Map

505 Jefferson Street