N.C. State Fair Commercial & Educational Buildings

These Mediterranean Revival buildings, designed by the firm of Atwood and Weeks, are emblematic of the role of agriculture in the economy of North Carolina and the tradition of state fairs begun in 1853. A pair of towers flank the Baroque-arched entrances to the large stucco-covered buildings that are trimmed with multicolored terra cotta tiles.

Date: 1928

Images

Map

NW corner of Hillsborough Street and Blue Ridge Roads