(former) CP&L Car Barn and Automobile Garage

The Carolina Power and Light Company erected this simple but elegant one-story common-bond brick building to house electric streetcars and buses. The building later became an automobile garage. It is a rare example of an Art Deco transportation-related facility erected in then architecturally conservative Raleigh. In 1998 the structure was adapted for commercial use and now houses offices and restaurant space.

Date: 1925

Images

Map

116 North West Street