Andrews-Duncan House

G. S. H. Appleget designed this symmetrical Italianate home for Confederate Captain Alexander B. Andrews. Although much different than the Heck-Andrews House in its overall effect, there are similarities in the window surrounds, finely ornamented brackets, and decorative porch posts. The original stable stands behind the house and retains its steep hip roof with cupola. The house is owned by the state and is used as offices.

Date: 1874

Images

Map

407 North Blount Street