Leonidas R. Wyatt House

Master builder Thomas H. Briggs built this simple but stylish Italianate dwelling for local harness maker Leonidas Wyatt and his wife Cora. The house features molded eaves, projecting bay windows, molded window and door surrounds, and porch brackets. The Wyatts' daughter Cora inherited it in 1942 and lived there until 1986. Threatened with demolition in 1988, the house was moved to this location from 107 W. Jones Street. The City of Raleigh rehabilitated the exterior.

Date: 1881-1882

Images

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 2009

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 2009

Image courtesy of B. Fullington, Capital City Camera Club. View File Details Page

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1980s

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1980s

Image by Michael Zirkle Photography, copyright Raleigh Historic Development Commission. View File Details Page

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1990

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1990

Image courtesy of the North Carolina State Archives. View File Details Page

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1990

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1990

Image courtesy of the North Carolina State Archives. View File Details Page

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1990

Leonidas R. Wyatt House, 1990

Image courtesy of Preservation North Carolina. View File Details Page

Street Address:

109 South Bloodworth Street [map]

Cite this Page:

RHDC, “Leonidas R. Wyatt House,” Raleigh Historic, accessed June 26, 2017, http://raleighhistoric.org/items/show/62.
Tour navigation:  Previous | Tour Info | Next

Share this Story