Holladay Hall, NC State University

Holladay Hall has an irregular H-shape plan with a three-story main pavilion flanked by two-and-one-half-story gable-roofed wings. It employs both Classical and Romanesque details. Originally called Main Building but renamed for the college's first president, Alexander Quarles Holladay, the hall was the first building erected for the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, now N.C. State University.

Date: 1889

Images

Map

Primrose Avenue on North Carolina State University Campus