Pilot-Crompton Mill

An urban-based industrial complex two blocks north of the 1881 city limits, the mill buildings and accompanying worker housing mirrored those of rural mill sites. James and William H. Williamson established the mill for the manufacture of unfinished sheet goods. The mill building has been rehabilitated for office and school use.

Date: 1893, 1910, ca. 1917

Images

Map

1121 Haynes Street