Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House

This two-story Greek Revival frame building has distinctive Italianate accents. The house was associated with a series of leading figures in local, state, and national history including congressman Sion H. Rogers, legislator William Henry Bagley, journalist and Secretary of the Navy Josephus Daniels, and African American educator Albert W. Pegues. Now owned by Shaw University, the house was rehabilitated in 1999 and is used for offices.

Date: ca. 1855

Images

Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House, 2009

Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House, 2009

Image by Michael Zirkle Photography, copyright Raleigh Historic Development Commission. View File Details Page

Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House, 1978

Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House, 1978

Image courtesy of the North Carolina State Archives. View File Details Page

Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House, 1978

Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House, 1978

Image courtesy of the North Carolina State Archives. View File Details Page

Street Address:

125 East South Street [map]

Cite this Page:

“Rogers-Bagley-Daniels-Pegues House,” Raleigh Historic, accessed June 26, 2017, http://raleighhistoric.org/items/show/28.
Tour navigation:  Tour Info | Next

Share this Story