Christ Episcopal Church

English-born architect Richard Upjohn, founder of the American Institute of Architects, designed this granite church in the early English parish style of Gothic architecture. The church features a Latin-cross plan and a stone bell tower, completed after the main building, in 1861. It is one of the four ecclesiastical anchors of Union (Capitol) Square and has been designated a National Historic Landmark.

Date: 1848-1852, 1859-1861

Images

Map

120 East Edenton Street