In 1894 Berry O'Kelly and others on the School Committee for House Creek Township District # 2 purchased one acre of land for a school. Through numerous additions over the years, including as late as 1962, the campus eventually grew to approximately eight acres before its closure as a school in 1966. Today only two of the numerous classroom, vocational, dormitory, and assembly buildings that were erected during the school’s history remain. Its vocational curriculum in agriculture, among others, necessitated land for agricultural demonstration, and the physical fitness programs also required land and facilities. The site was large enough to require internal vehicular circulation, which still serves that purpose today, along with new parking areas added to serve the current community park facilities.
Dates: ca. 1928; ca. 1959; ca. 1988