Berry O’Kelly Grave and Obelisk

The grave of Berry O'Kelly School's founder is the only grave on the church grounds south of the school parcel. A stone plinth also accommodates a planter with a small boxwood that partially obscures the dressed face of the stone. The dressed portion is divided into three parts – the larger central part is concave with BERRY O'KELLY carved into its face. The flanking sections, also concave, are dressed with a sinuous foliate motif carved at their tops. The footstone reads

BERRY O'KELLY
DIED
MARCH 14, 1931

Symbolizing the esteem within which the community still holds O’Kelly, north of the grave on the former school parcel is a commemorative granite obelisk erected in 1986 by alumni and friends of the school. It has a carved likeness of O'Kelly and below his likeness the inscription

BERRY O'KELLY
ABOUT 1864-1931
HUMANITARIAN
LEADER IN BUSINESS AND EDUCATION

Dates: 1931 and 1986

Map

520 and 514 Method Road