Medical Arts Building

The Medical Arts Building, attributed to prolific Raleigh architect F. Carter Williams, is an International Style office building with a steel frame, glass curtain walls, brick cladding, and a flat roof. The building reflects the growth of the Mary Elizabeth Hospital, with which it is associated. The two-story Modernist building housed offices for the physicians associated with the hospital, enabling them to move their practices from downtown buildings into the medical campus formed by the two buildings. In 1978, the hospital moved farther north on Wake Forest Road and became Raleigh Community Hospital; doctors in the Medical Arts Building moved with the hospital into the complex built at the new location.

Date: 1960

Images

Map

1110 and 1110 Wake Forest Road