The Garland Scott and Toler Moore Tucker House is an excellent, intact example of the Southern Colonial Revival style. With classical detailing and full-height porticos, the style conjures the idea of grand antebellum houses. Garland Tucker and his brothers ran a very successful furniture business in Raleigh that expanded with retail stores throughout the state. The Tuckers built the house in 1914 and lived here for the rest of their lives. When the widowed Mrs. Tucker passed away in 1974, her son Garland S. Tucker Jr. donated the family home to the City of Raleigh. The city moved the Tucker House from N. Blount Street to its current location and has used it as an event venue ever since.